Ashton Services is seeking a computer programmer to develop solutions for our diverse client base.
A successful candidate must:
- have prior experience or equivalent contemporary skills;
- be capable of developing web-based database driven applications (such as client-controlled shopping carts, content management systems, database integrated solutions, etc...);
- be capable of taking loose specifications and developing software in an iterative environment;
- accept responsibility for completing assignments on-time and in a high-quality manner;
- be motivated to succeed in an incentive-based environment;
- have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- be comfortable interacting with clients, vendors, partners, and other employees at all levels;
- have contemporary software development skills (SQL, SQL server, MySQL, Perl, ASP, Java, Java Script, .Net, NT, Win 2K, Linux, Unix);
- be self-motivated, able to accomplish objectives without being micro-managed; and
- be eager to work and accept responsibilities that are common in a professional work environment.
NOTE: applicants will be asked to develop a simple web-based database application as part of the pre-hire process.
A successful candidate may earn:
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to: jobs@AshtonServices.com or Ashton Services, Inc., PO Box 1665, Springfield, MA 01101. No phone calls please.
- competitive compensation plus a bonus based on performance;
- health and dental coverage;
- paid time off (vacation and/or sick time);
- short and long term disability;
- life insurance; and
- a 401K plan.